Math Assistant and Hypertext Notepad for Engineers and Scientists using Windows. Assists with calculating networks of formulae, dynamic simulations, equation solutions, differential, multiple equations and unknowns, with built-in script language. Useful for engineering and scientific computations, trying out algorithms, plotting results, quantitative brain-storming, and documenting problem solutions.
User acquires or creates application files called webs to solve particular problems of interest. Webs included with the distribution include:
1) CA -- Cellular automaton simulation
2) CAVE -- Nano Adventure Game illustrating hypertext interface
3) cocomo -- Computes the time to develop software
4) DIBPrinting -- Tells how to print device dependent bitmaps in Windows
5) filter -- simulates simple FIR and IIR filters
6) hamurabi -- plays the old basic computer game hamurabi
7) HEBB -- Illustrates Hebbian learning using a matrix of weighting factors
8) LOGISTIC -- Illustrates the period doubling approach to chaos, using a simple logistic map
9) logo -- Plots a pretty spiral
10) matrix -- solves four linear equations in four unknowns using lu-decomposition
11) payment -- Computes a monthly payment from principal and interest
12) PERT -- Computes the critical path in a simple construction project
13) PIGGY -- Computes the total amount in piggy bank from the number of each kind of coin
14) Quotes -- Selected quotes from famous iconoclasts and others
15) Rkutta -- Illustrates second order differential equation solution using Runge-Kutta method
After you have registered Sogol, you may use the program for as long as you like, and make as many backup copies as necessary on the computer for which it is registered. If you change operating systems, mother boards, or root disk drives after registering, that will likely necessitate re-registering the program. As long as there is a record of your previous registration, you can obtain a new registration key simply by requesting one from firstname.lastname@example.org. Each registered user will be limited to no more than three free reregistrations during the course of a single year.
You may use Sogol without registering it, provided that you do not attempt to enable printing, which has been disabled as an incentive to register the program, and you do not attempt to disable Nagging, which as been provided as an incentive to register the program.
Any attempt to enable printing or disable nagging in the unregistered program voids your right to use the program or even to keep it on your computer.